All of your experience from conception to this point in time is stored in the cells of your body. Somatic (body-centered) psychotherapy incorporates the wisdom of the body as well as the thinking mind. Cutting edge somatic psychotherapeutic modalities such as Hakomi, EMDR, and Brainspotting all tap the latest discoveries in neuro-science to facilitate your natural healing capacity. Each of these methods incorporates present moment mindfulness as part of the process and are effective at working with big or little traumas of all kinds (PTSD, relational, developmental, life transitions, etc) as well as other challenging issues.
Most of us have denied our body’s natural ability to know. If we add our body’s way of knowing to the power of our mind, we can begin to see outside of the deep habitual grooves we have created. Somatic psychotherapies are effective at uncovering core beliefs that are keeping you stuck and from living life more joyfully; they are tools to assist you in integrating healthy, positive experiences.
So in a session, we may begin by talking AND with my gentle encouragement, you may begin to sense the body and incorporate it’s knowing into the conversation and the healing that arises. Sometimes, the body does all the talking and the mind comes in later to begin to integrate the new information. My intention is to support you wherever you are in your exploration and to assist you in taking the steps towards something new.
I serve California and New York residents via telehealth only and North Carolina residents via telehealth or in-person)
Psychotherapy, counseling, and life or relationship coaching for individuals, couples, families, or small groups
- Free initial 15-minute phone consultation
- Single session
- Brief (2-10 consecutive or intermittent sessions)
- Long-term intermittent work (every 2-4 weeks)
- Telehealth via video or phone
Supervision for trainees and associates working towards licensure in CA, NY, and NC
- Fees will be discussed and set during an initial phone consultation
- Sessions are 50 or 75 minutes long
- I do not submit claims for insurance. If needed, I can write a superbill for you to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP): I am a provider for Claremont EAP , Empathia EAP, and Sutter EAP. Request services through your employer’s EAP.
You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.
– Mary Oliver