All of your experience from conception to this point in time is stored in the cells of your body. Somatic (body-centered) psychotherapy incorporates the wisdom of the body as well as the thinking mind. Cutting edge somatic psychotherapeutic modalities such as Hakomi, EMDR, and Brainspotting all tap the latest discoveries in neuro-science to facilitate your natural healing capacity. Each of these methods incorporates present moment mindfulness as part of the process and are effective at working with big or little traumas of all kinds (PTSD, relational, developmental, life transitions, etc) as well as other challenging issues.
Most of us have denied our body?s natural ability to know.? If we add our body?s way of knowing to the power of our mind, we can begin to see outside of the deep habitual grooves we have created. Somatic psychotherapies are effective at uncovering core beliefs that are keeping you stuck and from living life more joyfully; they are tools to assist you in integrating healthy, positive experiences.
So in a session, we may begin by talking?.AND with my gentle encouragement, you may begin to sense the body and incorporate it?s knowing into the conversation and the healing that arises.? Sometimes, the body does all the talking and the mind comes in later to begin to integrate the new information.? My intention is to support you wherever you are in your exploration and to assist you in taking the steps towards something new.
Psychotherapy, counseling, and life or relationship coaching for individuals, couples, parent/child dyads, families or small groups
- Free initial 15-minute phone consultation
- Single session
- Brief (2-10 sessions) and/or intermittent work (every 2-4 weeks)
- Long-term (weekly or intermittent)
- Telehealth via video or phone (for California residents only)
Supervision for interns working towards licensure
- Fees will be discussed and set during an initial phone consultation
- Sessions are 50 or 75 minutes long
- I currently do not accept insurance, but am willing to write a superbill for you to submit to your insurance company for out of network services
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP): I am a provider for Claremont EAP and Sutter EAP. ?Request services through your employer.
You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
for a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.
? Mary Oliver