Brainspotting locates points in the client?s visual field that help to access unprocessed trauma and other stored memories in the subcortical brain that cause emotional and physical symptoms. It was discovered by David Grand, Ph.D in 2003 who found that ?Where you look affects how you feel.? Brainspotting is a powerful somatic modality that helps to identify, process, and release symptoms of trauma, emotional and body pain, and other challenging symptoms stored deep within the central nervous system. When using Brainspotting as a tool in psychotherapy, the therapist is paying close attention to the client?s experience, following where the client leads, and supporting them in the natural process of healing. Bilateral sound throughout the session helps the client to process and integrate the work that is being done.
Psychotherapy, counseling, and life or relationship coaching for individuals, couples, parent/child dyads, families or small groups
- Free initial 15-minute phone consultation
- Single session
- Brief (2-10 sessions) and/or intermittent work (every 2-4 weeks)
- Long-term (weekly or intermittent)
- Telehealth via video or phone (for California residents only)
Supervision for interns working towards licensure
- Fees will be discussed and set during an initial phone consultation
- Sessions are 50 or 75 minutes long
- I currently do not accept insurance, but am willing to write a superbill for you to submit to your insurance company for out of network services
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAP): I am a provider for Claremont EAP and Sutter EAP. ?Request services through your employer.
A further sign of health is that we don’t become undone by fear and trembling, but we take it as a message that it’s time to stop struggling and look directly at what’s threatening us.
– Pema Chodron